Let’s talk garbanzo bean/chickpea flour. It’s high in protein and fiber. Low in carbs! Plus, is gluten + grain free. If your digestive system can handle chickpeas, I recommend this flour because that’s all it’s made of!
Say you’re lactose intolerant and/or celiac…
soup pizza for you 😦
… just kidding!
Grain-free, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, dairy-free, casein-free, yeast-free
Ingredients for crust:
- 1 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- couple shakes of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- my version of Nourishing’s bbq sauce (recipe below)
- green pepper, chopped
- red onion, chopped
- whole black olives, chopped
- daiya (mozzarella style)
Homemade BBQ Sauce:
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 small can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup & 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup of ketchup (I used organicville)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (& more to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika (& more to taste)
Preheat oven to 450. Put a 12-inch cast iron (I used a pie tin…) in the oven to heat up too. For the crust, mix the dry ingredients together and then incorporate wet. Let it sit for 20 min. Grease the
skillet pie tin with olive oil on the bottoms and the sides and then pour in batter. Bake for 15 minutes-until top is golden brown. Remove crust, switch oven to broil and add toppings.
Put it back in the oven for 5 minutes until your
cheese daiya has melted. Enjoy with some family members (besides your brother who chooses cheese puffs sawdust over it).