“Start your day with love; fill your day with love; end your day with love. This is the way to enlightenment.” – Sathya Sai Baba
- 1 cup almond butter
- 6 dates, soaked and rinsed
- 1/4 cup date water (from soaking dates)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 orange, juice and zest from
- 3 tablespoons local honey *
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds *
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 cup raw shredded coconut * (she used oat flakes)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Combine the almond butter, dates and date water in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend or process until smooth.
2. Remove to large bowl and stir in coconut oil, orange juice, orange zest and liquid sweetener. Stir.
3. Add the remaining ingredients.
4. Roll out mixture between 2 sheets of parchment paper to 1/4″ thick. Cut into squares then place in the freezer * (she dried her’s).
5. Frost with White Cacao Orange Glaze if desired.
Orange White Cacao Glaze
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter
- (not coconut butter)
- 2 tablespoons local honey *
- zest from one orange (about 2 tablespoons)
Because who needs ascorbic acid, cane sugar, soy protein isolate and the mysterious unidentified “natural flavors” ? Also a wonderful thing to have around on rushed mornings (cough, today) when you were too tired to prepare any food after your Bikram yoga class the night before 😉